Slides

Mar. 11, 2019, 2:41 a.m.
Slides of my presentation given at PHP Quebec on the 7th of March 2019. The PHP Async Revolution Is Here and Now! What to Expect of PHP 8: Swoole and Asynchronous Frameworks The next great revolution in the PHP world will be built-in async programming. Start using these new technologies today by using Swoole-enabled frameworks in production, and by using PHP 8's new functionality as it becomes available in development. Join us in discovering these new features that can make most PHP applications run 3X to 10X faster! Indeed, an even faster PHP is ready to run on your computer right now.
May 3, 2018, 1:25 p.m.
Slides of my presentation given at PHP Quebec on the 3rd of May 2018. Linux for PHP, a Docker container made with PHP in mind. Linux for PHP is the first truly lightweight Linux distribution that allows you to easily compile and run any version of PHP in any environment. Come see how, with this new Docker container, CMSes, Blackfire.io, libsodium, Modern SQL RDBMSes and many other software features and libraries are only one command away from running on your computer.
May 4, 2017, 12:39 p.m.
Slides of my presentation given at PHP Quebec on the 4th of May 2017. Functional PHP, a glimpse into the future. What is the hype around Functional PHP all about? And, how does this concern PHP developers on a day to day basis? We will answer these questions while trying to better understand what is functional programming and how this paradigm is actually giving us a glimpse into PHP's future.